Thursday 2 August 2012

Sleek Purchases: Eau La La Liner & 'Rose Gold' Blush.

Hello! I have two makeup itemstoday both from Sleek. I bought these quite a long while ago now but have never got round to blogging about them. 
I shared my first ever Sleek purchase here and on the same day i went and ordered these off the website! Delivery was fairly fast and i was really happy with the service. 

These liners are meant to be useable on the eyes, lips, eyebrows or anywhere on the body you wish. There are 19 colours available so far. I went for 'Raisin' due to the fact i was looking for a purple eyeliner at the time but i also thought it'd be a good lipliner with plum lipsticks and a good base for a purple smokey eye! It unfortunately isn't too great for eyeliner as it's a plum - red based - so it can make eyes look really bloodshot/tired (not nice!). But, it is very long lasting, hard to smudge and opaque in one swipe which is good. 
When looking at reviews of these people said when they received theirs the led inside the pencil was loose and came out a little bit. I had this problem with mine but it isn't too bad you just push it back in and it should be okay! 



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here we have what i think must be one of Sleeks most popular blushes. I could never find it in store and it was sold out for a long time online, this is because it's a really good dupe of the much loved Nars 'Orgasm' blusher. Looking at swatches online it's pretty much exactly the same. 
'Rose Gold' is a pink blusher with lots of gold shimmer. This makes it a perfect blush and highlight in one as it adds a flush of pink but the shimmer highlights the cheekbones. I find this blush needs a bit of building for the colour to show up quite opaque - but maybe this is because i have a darker skintone. I think it'll suit all skintones though (especially paler). 

So, if you're looking for a good, cheap dupe of Nars's 'Orgasm' then Sleek is definitely the place to go! After buying this i can safely say i will not be investing in 'Orgasm'. 

Have you tried any of these products? Or Sleek in general? What do you think? :) 


15 comments:

  1. Sleek is one of my all time favourite make up brands. They aren't stocked in my local Superdrug though so I can only fulfil my cravings when I'm in Edinburgh. I love the quality of their blushes, I have one in 'Pomegranate' and I love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's such a shame - demand they stock them!! ;) bet you get loads in Edinburgh then :P the blushes are great, ooh that sounds nice :) x

      Delete
  2. I have seen a few people rave about this sleek blush & its so pretty. I can never find it in store either. I dont own any of their blushes but have heard they are good quality. When i manage to track this blush down i am going to purchase it for sure. I have Orgasm so will see how alike they are.
    Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really pretty! i know, it's ALWAYS sold out /: check ebay and on Sleeks website? ooh yes that'd be good, thanks hun <3

      Delete
  3. i saw your tweets when you were trying to find the rose gold blush in store so to see what the fuss was about the blush i went to superdrug and my store had one left! so my mum bought it for me and now i love it! i might have to try the eyeliner but in black :) nice review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, i was searching for ages :O would rather not fork out £21 for Nars 'Orgasm' without trying something similar first! aww so glad you like it - one left, that's lucky too! i bet it'd be really good in black - thanks doll <3

      Delete
  4. I've never heard anything about them eyeliners, are they new?
    & That blush is amazing, i really want it but its sold out everytime i go! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they aren't that new actually - few months old?!
      it is amazingggg- go on their website!! x

      Delete
  5. That blush is so amazing when i see it swatched, i'm going to have to buy it one day, it's always in stock in my little towns Superdrug!
    xxx


    The Beauty Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaa it really is! your so lucky the - you can get it anytime! xxx

      Delete
  6. That blush looks gorgeous and so does the liner:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That liner looks really good, I really like that colour! I haven't tried any sleek products before but I've heard amazing things :)

    http://danielleyc.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, it's such a lovely plum colour :) you should - it's a really good and pretty cheap brand :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I picked up the Rose Gold blush while I was in Manchester. I love it, it's so pretty!! I wish we could get our hands on Sleek blushes in Ireland xx

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk