Friday 10 August 2012

Grazin' through my 3rd Graze box!

Hello! This post is a little different from my usual beauty/fashion related posts. Recently, i've been on a bit of a fitness kick - and it's not a fad either (well i hope not). I've been exercising around 6 times a week and eating much more healthily than before and i'm really enjoying it (especially the exercise part). But i can update you on that some other time, if you like? 

One thing i tried before my 'fitness kick' was a Graze box. There were some codes going around to get your first box free so, i thought why the hell not and decided to give it a try. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Your Graze box arrives in this cardboard box with your four little pouches of snacks inside. It's sealed with pretty tight with like plastic, ribbon around to keep it safe. When you open it you get a napkin and a little booklet telling you what you've got in your box this time, some free codes for your friends and the nutritional facts about everything. Everything you need basically! 

So as you can tell my the title, i'm on my third box. They are £3.89 so that's just under a £1 per snack which is very good value but, spending almost £4 every week isn't ideal and could save you a fair bit of money in the long run. Just for that reason i don't get one every week, i just order one every so often when i have a few spare pounds and fancy trying some new, yummy snacks.
I'll show you what i've got in my three boxes so far.. 
Photobucket
This was my first ever box and it was absolutely delicious. I enjoyed every snack is this box! I surprising really, really enjoyed 'The British Barbecue' - which was a little mix of mini breadsticks, almonds crostini's and seeds.  But as i said, they were all delicious and pretty healthy! And i ate the flapjacks on three separate days, not all at once!Photobucket
This was another really yummy box. I loved every single snack especially the 'Herby Bread Basket' which was similar to the one i loved above. It contains, mini baguettes, garlic croutons and rice crackers. The pistachio's are also delicious too, they are barbecued to have a really smokey taste! Photobucket
Lastly, my most recent Graze box and my least favourite! I was so excited to try to 'Sala Mexicano's', i specifically marked it as a snack i wanted to 'come soon' but unfortunately i really didn't like the crackers in it atall. It's such a shame but it wasn't for me so i used my own breadstick dipped in the salsa instead. I also, didn't like 'Little Figgy went to the market' again, it wasn't for me, it was all dried fruits and apart from the cranberries i just didn't like the taste. But, the flapjacks and pistachios were tasty -  i loved them.

So overall i've had a really good experience with Graze.com so far. I think it's such a good idea and great for those on the go people who only have the time to grab a snack on the go. I don't find these particularly filling on their own and wouldn't have them as a meal. I tend to have one of these with a sandwich or some crackers for my dinner which then really fills me up. 

On the website you can rate foods. So you can look at the snacks available and say whether you think you will like or love them and even 'bin' them (so you'll never receive it). Then once you have received the box you can rate everything you got to say whether you actually like it or not. 'Salsa Mexicano's' is definitely being binned now, i don't want that ever again! If you don't 'bin' items then it really is luck of the draw - so you could get things you enjoy, things you hate. But, ultimately a good way to try new things. 

I'm thinking of trying to re-create some of these snacks myself. What do you think? Have you tried a Graze box, will you try one after this post? 

p.s. Let me know if you liked this post and would like more healthy eating/fitness type posts!! 

15 comments:

  1. The summer berry flapjack looks good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the free trial Graze Box, it's okay but I didn't bother to order any more. The stuff is nice but I don't think it's totally worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i know what you mean! it's great if you're super busy or something as all you have to do is open a packet :D x

      Delete
  3. great post! you should do an excerise post too! :) i have codes for graze as well if you want some free boxes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will definitely try and do some more exercise/fitness posts. aw thanks rebecca xox

      Delete
  4. The British Barbeque and Breadsticks looked delicious! You should totally keep us updated on the se boxes and even your fitness if you wouldn't mind! I'm trying to get fit too and I'd love to see how other people are working on it :)

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were! definitely two of my favourite snacks! i'd love too, i'll definitely keep you all up to date on what really works :) xx

      Delete
  5. I used to get Graze but haven't had one for a while as I moved house, might restart though as they are a fab idea!

    Great post!

    Em

    x

    Em's Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, you should, it would be a nice little treat :) x

      Delete
  6. LOVE Graze boxes! You should check Groupon, pretty sure there's a Grazebox deal on at the moment where you can get 4 boxes for £5.
    You have to use it with a different card to the one you're already subscribed with though!

    Lola ..x | LolaStarHearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! oh i know, seen that deal - it's amazinggg! :D

      Delete
  7. I've heard so much about Graze boxes but I didn't even realise it was like this. I'm trying to get into a healthy swing so this is probably a really good option for me. :D Thanks for the awesome post!

    Vanese
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i think it's a nice way to have yummy snacks :D aw glad you like it! <3

      Delete
  8. postingan yang bagus tentang Grazin' through my 3rd Graze box!

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk