Sunday 12 August 2012

Nail Care Routine! Favourite Products & Tips!

After years and years of being young and chewing at my nails i now finally have nails to be proud of. So, i thought it's about time to share some little tips and tricks and my favourite products that keep my nails healthy, strong and long.  
This nail care routine is sort of a new thing, this time last year i didn't bother with anything. I'd just paint my nails, remove the polish, paint them again etc. Now i really do look  after my hands/nails and there is a clear difference. So if you don't do anything?! START NOW.

Photobucket

Refan Hand Butter isn't easily available in the UK unfortunately (but you can get it here). Never the less i absolutely adore this hand cream - it's by far the best i've ever used. It's more of a butter than a lotion meaning it's really rich and thick so just adds so much moisture! And it still absorbs quickly and doesn't leave you with that greasy, slippery feeling (win!). I hate the feeling of dry hands so i apply this a few times a day and at night before i go to sleep.

 Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream is a new addition to my 'nail care collection' i received it for my birthday. I'm guilty, like a few of us, for not looking after my cuticles as much as i should. This has a balm like texture and takes a few rubs to warm it up. I just rub this into my finger tips (all over the nail, cuticles and around the finger) and let it absorb - it doesn't take too long! I found this has really helped strengthen my nails, keep them hydrated, smooth and moisturised. I try to always, always apply this to my nails after hand-cream.

A Curved Nail File is a necessity to me, to keep my nails growing in a nice shape and making sure there are no jagged edges that will catch then break the nail. This was a huge problem for me before, i'd catch the nail tip and it would break leaving me with one random short nail. Now i file my nails whenever one snags, before i paint my nails and just when i generally think they need re-shaping. This is quite harsh - meaning it shapes the nail so easily, one swipe and it's done! I find this is better than repeatedly having to file across the nail. TIP: Don't go back and forth, go in one direction across the nail.

Last but not least, the 'gem' of my nail care products Avon Nail Experts Strong Results. This sort of kicked of my nail care routine, i started using this and saw the difference and it just went from there. This looks like a nail polish, but when you paint it on it doesn't dry like a polish it soaks in more like an oil. What i do is paint it on, then massage it into my nail with my fingers. It smells like vanilla which is nice too! I love this product and have found it has really helped strengthen my nails (they used to just bend) and helped them grow long too.


I'm not gonna lie, my nails are by no means amazingly long and as hard as nails. But they're a huge improvement from what they were this time last year. I now feel confident going out with bare nails and this is something i do often. It's good to give your nails a break - using the routine and leaving nails bare   really helps, i can stress it enough!!

Do you look after yours nails? I'd love to hear some more tips or product recommendations :) 

Also a little manicure kit like this is great too and handy for in your bag!

9 comments:

  1. I need to look after my nails a little better. I have spells of doing really well, then i forget to keep it up. Story of my life. I have the Burt's Bees cuticle cream & love it. I just took it on holiday & used it on the plane. Its great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Viki 100%! I need to be a girl and start looking after my nails haha xx

      thisishearts.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. haha start now girls!! it makes a huge difference :) ooh i might do that too, great idea Vicki <3

      Delete
  2. I just recently stopped biting my nails which is a huge difference in itself! THis post was really helpful! I'm going to go look for a good file and hardening polish to keep them nice and strong. Thank you for this!

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Biting nails is such a hard habit to stop! Aw, no problem, glad it was helpful to you (:

      Delete
  3. I use that cuticle cream and it really is brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of the Burts Bees cuticle balm, but prefer the Lush one - but the Burts Bees one just smells amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have smelt the Lush one, it's amazzzzing! definitely going to purchase that next :D <3

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk