Monday 27 August 2012

Makeup Monday: Autumn Makeup Looks! (Guest Post)

Hello Lovelies!

I’m Rebekah from ‘It’s a Kind of Lovely’, and I’m so thrilled to be doing a guest post for Nadia!  I started following Dressing Table Delights pretty much as soon as I started my blog and we’ve been in contact ever since, through our blogs and on twitter.  So now on to the post!

I wanted to do a piece on autumn makeup trends as we are going to be getting into autumn soon, and I’ve decided to be prepared this time.  Having scoured the internet for photos from all of the fall/winter fashion shows, accessing Vogue online and other fashion/beauty magazines I have put together two interchangeable looks that will give you all of the basics you need.

Firstly I’ve gone for the ‘No Makeup’ look.  Basically this entails giving your skin a flawless look and no more.  I haven’t even used blush!  The only other staple trend I have incorporated with this look is bold brows which are going to be HUGE (literally) this season.

Photobucket
Products used:

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation – 53 Beige Clair
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer – SC-3
Chanel Loose Powder – 20 Clair
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara (smallest amout possible!)
MAC lipstick – Shy Girl

As this look uses minimal product, it’s great for mornings you’re in a hurry - no need to look tired if you’re running late!

The second look is a little bolder.  Big on trend in all of the fashion shows was ‘Alternative Smoky Eyes’.  Basically, create a smoky eye using any other colours except your usual browns and blacks.  Popular looks were mauvey greys – such as the Bourjois smoky eyes palette in “gris lilac”, which gives a subtle smoky grey with a purplish undertone, which I love.  But I decided to use the Revlon CustomEyes palette in 030 Rich Temptations – which incorporates some of the most popular colours of the season.  Deep Khaki greens and Plum/burgundy purples!  
I’ve teamed this with the “Rosy Cheeks” trend; which could be worn with the first look too.  And the “Bold Lip” trend; and this season, it’s deep plums and reds that are coming to the forefront of popular bold lip of choice!  Again this can be teamed with a more natural looking eye.

Photobucket
Products used:
(same base as previous look)
Revlon CustomEyes Palette – 030 Rich Temptations (applied as per guide on back of product – helpful if you’re new to eyeshadow!)
More of my Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
MAC powder blush – Breath of Plum
Illamasqua cream blush – Lies (highlight)
Revlon Colourburst Lipgloss – 016 Bordeaux 

I can’t wait to play about with these trends, mixing them up and changing them out to get completely different looks!  What are you most looking forward to rocking in Autumn? For me I think it’ll be a bold brow and lip combo!

Rebekah xxx


It's Nadia here: As you can see Rebekah always looks amazing, her makeup looks are always so flawless - she's so good! I love this post and will be trying my best to copy ;) Thanks Rebekah!! 


1 comment:

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you stated.
    Your favorite justification seemed to be on the internet
    the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do
    not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the
    top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects ,
    people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.

    Thanks
    Feel free to visit my web page :: nike air max 2010

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk