Thursday 16 August 2012

NOTD: Green Stripes and Polka Dots!

Photobucket
I've been getting in to nail art a lot more recently. I usually just paint my nails one colour and if i'm feeling adventourous i'll add a glitter topcoat ;) A few months ago i did some bunny nails which were cute and not long ago i also had a go at ombre nails - both attempts went pretty well (shock!). But, i thought now was about time to improve my tools as i think they're the most important thing when it comes to nail art. 
I settled for these brushes off Ebay. They came so quickly - about two weeks - and look so cute with their baby pink handles. A few of the brushes are the same brushes just different sizes but it doesn't really matter as their so cheap. 
Photobucket
Tesco All About Nails 'Caribbean Coconut' (base)  -  Barry M Nail Paint '290 Spring Green' (tips/dots)  -  Random Clear Topcoat.
Photobucket
I used an a straight top brush and a thin tapered brush for this look. I used the straight brush to draw a straight line along my tip, patting it and tapping it wherever necessary to create the nicest, even, straight line that was possible. I'm not the steadiest of people. Then i used the thin, pointed brush with a blob of nail polish on the end to just dot/pat down where i wanted the polka dot to be. 

It really was that simple and looks so cute. I don't know what persuaded me to use green but it just stood out to me at the time. My left hand is significantly better than my right (oops|) due to me being right-handed. But it'll all get better in time - i hope! 

What do you think of my quick, cute, nail art? Do you do 'fancy stuff' with your nails often? Any idea's for me to give a go.. 

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Loving the polka-dotted accent nail, it's super sweet!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this nail look, very cute! Absolutely adore Barry M nail paints!

    Just discovered your blog through #bbloggers chat and i love it, i'm your newest follower :)
    Hope you'll pop by and check out my blog too and enter my 1st blog giveaway :)

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw glad you like it Sophia! me too, they're great :)
      aw, hello hahaa! thankyou for following and i'll definitely take a look lovely <3

      Delete
  3. Wow your nails are so cute, I love them! The green is such a gorgeous colour too! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk