Monday 23 July 2012

Mini Travel Skin Care & Rio Sonicleanse First Impressions!


Hello! I thought i'd show you a little, mini skincare routine i've been using for just over the past two weeks. I shown you my old skincare routine here and it was good, it just wasn't fantastic. I thought my little three day trip to London would be perfect to try some new things and i'm still going.. 
The Simple items were 3 for 2 from Tesco's range of mini's, the Balance Me moisturiser came free with  Glamour magazine and the Nivea lip balm is just available from Boots. They're all small so great for travelling and trying before purchasing the full size.

Photobucket
I was surprised by the Simple face wash and toner - i absolutely love them both. The cleanser has done a fantastic job of keeping my skin squeaky clean and keeping spots at bay. It's pretty good at removing makeup and doesn't sting the eyes at all (which i love!). The toner accompanies the face wash perfectly removing any excess grime/cleanser and preparing the skin for moisturiser. This combo has worked brilliantly helping to balance my combination skin and keeping it really clean! The Simple eye make-up remover is no surprise to me - i already have the full size version! You just cover a cotton pad with it, hold it against the eye and wipe. It does a good job at removing eye makeup gently without stinging the eyes or making them go blurry! 
The Balance Me 'Balancing face moisturiser' is a product that has grown on me. It's a little different than my usual moisturisers - it's thicker and harder to rub in - but does the job nonetheless. I find this is best applied straight after washing and toning when the skins still damp and it rubs in much easier. However, the results are worth it, it does a great job of balancing the skin. It moisturisers both the oily and dry area's of my face without being too much and leaves skin feeling moisturised but matte - great base for makeup! 
The Nivea Hydro Care Lipbalm i just got in a little set. It does a good job of keeping lips very smooth and plump. It's good but isn't amazing - i still prefer Carmex. I find it's best applied liberally at night! 

Photobucket

Now you're probably wondering why i'm including the Rio Sonicleanse is this post? Well, i've been using this for the past 9 days with the skincare routine i've talking about above. I apply my Simple face wash all over the face (wet), give it a little rub in then let this little machine do it's magic!

I have been loving my sonicleanse - it just nine days i've already gone through a purging stage (although they have cleared up pretty well) and my skin is feeling so smooth (like a babies bottom). The overall texture of my skin is much nicer, even and smoother. I haven't really noticed a difference in pore size yet but i know my skin feels much cleaner when i have used this. So far, so good i can't wait to see more results. Do i recommend it? Yes it's a much more affordable version of the Clarisonic and does the same job as far as i know?.. It's available here and here. I will do a more indepth review when i have given it a longer test run.

Have you tried any of this products? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I really want a Rio Sonic Cleanse! I would never pay the price for a Clarisonic, personally, not when this does the same job at more than half the cost! I love Balance Me for skincare, such a lovely brand xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really do recommend it - it's great! i know that's what i thought, Clarisonics are over double the price for the same thing! yes i agree :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have seen a commercial of that Simple products on tv. I actually wanted to try one of those. And also Nivea is just a great brand, I love everything they have. You can never go wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are pretty good and affordable too! you could always give them ago! definitely - LOVE Nivea! <3

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk