Thursday 12 July 2012

Favourite Mascara & Combination.

Hello! I've been wanting to do this post for such a long time as who doesn't want a good mascara? Mascara is definitely one of my 'must have' makeup items - i feel odd and weird looking without it! I love the definition it gives to my eyes.

What i look for in a mascara..
It's simple really, volume and length. I'm not overly fussy about it being 'super black' or holding curl although they are good extra's too ;) I like my lashes to look really full and noticeably longer!

Photobucket

So, above (to the left) are my two favourite/most used mascara's.

I have been using Avon SuperShock for years and have always loved it and re-purchased! But, this is my first ever tube of Maxfactor False Lash Effect Fusion, it was a present from a friend who thought i'd love it and rightly so, i did. Both these mascara's are very similar - basically the same. If i put one on one eye and the other on the other you cannot tell the difference atall the finish is exactly the same. Both add lots of volume (hello voluminous lashes!) and add some length although they are not dramatically long! Both are the perfect day mascara - two coats and you're good to go for the rest of the day, they do hold curl but don't create it.

Photobucket

As you can see, all the mascara's have a rubber brush rather than the spooly type brushes. I personally prefer these brushes and find they work much better.


Here comes my favourite and much loved mascara combination;
My mum kindly returned home one day with the George Lash Xtend mascara from Asda as she knew i was running out of my two favourites above. As you can tell from the name, this mascara's sole purpose is to lengthen the lashes and x-tend them. Used alone it does just that, it makes lashes really long but you get that spider leg effect where it looks like you only have 6 long eyelashes (i hate that).

So, because i hate wasting products i decided to layer it over the Maxfactor False Lash Effect Fusion.
What do you get? The perfect volunimous, long, full, bold lashes. Bit dramatic but it's true. The George mascara adds the extra length you don't get from the Maxfactor or Avon one.

Doing this little combo doesn't take any more time or effort as i always do two coats of mascara anyway. So i use the Maxfactor or Avon mascara as a first coat then use the George one for the second coat.
Photobucket
TOP - left eye with the combination, right eye mascara free!
BOTTOM - both eyes using my fave combo
Have you tried any of these mascara's? What do you look for in a mascara? 

8 comments:

  1. I didn't even know George at Asda did make-up or anything! It looks really good too. I often layer up my mascaras too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didn't until i received this ahaa! it's good for lengthening! layering works much better doesn't it! <3

      Delete
  2. Your eyelashes look great! My favourite mascara is maybelline one by one New follower here xx

    Simple Beauty Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i'll have to take a look at maybelline! and yaaay THANKYOU <3

      Delete
  3. I've never thought to layer my favorite mascaras! Great tip! I also can't leave home without a little bit of mascara. I can be bare faced and all but I need my mascara!

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's much better than trying to find one mascara that does it all - plus you do two layers anyway :) i'm exactly the same ahaa! <3

      Delete
  4. I love finding different mascaras that work wonders, want to get my hands on the ones in your post. :)

    Vanese
    http://vanzthemachinee.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! you should, i recommend them all - my faves! <3

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk