Saturday 7 July 2012

Current Skincare Routine (Oily Skin) & Mini Update.

Hello all! I have my current skincare routine for you all today, i say 'current' because i change it every two minutes. But, these are the products i have been sticking to for the past month or so and they seem to be working pretty well. I do break out every now and then and it's usually quite severe - meaning lots of little spots and bumps :( But it doesn't last too long!

My skin is combination/oily - meaning it's dry on the outer area's of my face but very oily around my t-zone (especially my nose). I also get a lot of blackheads on my nose and chin which isn't very nice  and have a bit of redness around my nose and cheeks. So these are the things i try to combat most :)
Photobucket
l-r: Clean&Clear Moisturising Mist, Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (oily skin), Skin System Foaming Facial Scrub, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising gel, Lacura Serum.

Photobucket
Recently i've been reaching for my Clinique Facial Wash as my cleanser - morning and night. When i first started you using this, i hated it (strong but true) but at the moment i've been loving it. One pump removes all makeup (expect the eyes - that stings!) and cleans the skin but, sometimes i do use a second pump for a deep cleanse. It's gentle on this skin and foams up when you rub in circular motions. It does dry the skin out little but it's nothing a little moisturiser can't solve.            

 As part my cleansing routine i also use the Skin System Facial Scrub from Asda, from day one i have been impressed with this scrub. It exfoliates the skin without being too harsh. It's a gel like consistency with little beads in it that exfoliate and clean the skin - also removing makeup. So, sometimes i use one squirt on this to initally remove makeup and exfoliate then use the Clinique Face Wash to deep clean.

Once or twice a week i use the Mint Julep Mask to try and get rid of any build up of oil/blackheads. I just apply a very thin layer on my 'problem area's (t-zone and any spots) and wait above 15 minutes until it's dry and remove. I'm still unsure how i feel about this mask. It does help to get rid of spots/oil and brings out any congested area's but, it doesn't do much for blackheads. It's isn't drying and easy to remove so it's pretty hassle free!

Photobucket

The toner i have been using at the moment in another from Asda, it's the Skin System Vitamin E Toner. This is such a harsh toner, no matter how much i was my face it will still remove dirt/makeup which is crazy. I only use this around 4/5 times a week when i want a deep cleanse as it's so harsh and i'm afraid it will strip skin of it's natural oils etc. making it worse. But it is great when i really want a deep clean. It 'replacement' of the toner, i use the Clean & Clear Moisturizing Mist daily after cleansing to just refresh the skin and a little moisture - it's just like any face mist really. And sprayed on a cotton pad it does get rid of any left over cleanser while being gentle.

Photobucket

I did a post on these two moisturisers here. I use the Clinique Moisturizing Gel in the morning, before makeup as it's a really light moisturiser so makes a great makeup base for people with oily skin like me. I wasn't sure about it at first, now i love it and couldn't imagine using a different moisturiser as they all seem heavy in comparison. The Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum is also a light moisturiser although it's slightly thicker than the Clinique one so i use this as night. This really hydrates the skin but doesn't leave it feeling greasy, my skin also isn't greasy when i wake up either which is a bonus.

So yeah, that's everything i use on my face to get rid of makeup and cleanse. At the moment this combination is working but i know i'll switch it up sooner or later :)

I also wanted to let you know i'm off to LONDON tomorrow with the boyfriend. We are staying over until Tuesday and have lots of plans (especially shopping). It going to be a lovely little trip and i can't wait to explore the streets of London, spend some time away from Manchester and experience the hustle and bustle of the city. But i have some great guest posts lined up to keep you occupied and if i'm a little awol (not much tweeting as my phone will die </3) you know why!


6 comments:

  1. I love dramatically different moisturising gel!
    I have oily skin so thought it would be a disaster for me but it's not at all.
    Great wee post
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's amazzzzing for oily skin isn't it :) thanks caroline <3

      Delete
  2. I use both clinique products and the face mask! It is one of my favorites! following you now :)
    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh must try the face mask. thanks lovely <3

      Delete
  3. Our skincare routine is similar! I use the Clinique cleanser and moisturizer and I LOVE them! I also use the Mint Julep Mask once or twice a week. Between that and my Clarisonic,it feels like having a spa day in my own home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not sure if i love the cleanser! glad you do though :) aaah NEED a clarisonic, that sounds just perfect :D xox

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk