Wednesday 6 June 2012

NYX Round Lipstick - 'Fire'

Ooh fire. Sounds fierce right?
Anyway, i have another NYX lipstick to share with you today (two more to go). This is one of the more vibrant, bolder shades that i bought. When it first arrived i didn't like it atall, but now i have learnt to love this shade and rock it quite often. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fire is simply: bright red! Although it does have a slight pink undertone. It's such a beautiful colour, definitely not for the faint hearted! It applies opaque in one swipe so precise application is a must. I personally prefer to 'pat' this all over the lips and rub them together so it looks more like a red stain. This lipstick (like the other NYX round lipsticks) is extremely creamy and in no way uncomfortable. It applies with no tugging or dragging and thankfully doesn't settle into fine lines.

Photobucket

Fire lasts a fairly long time on the lips - around 4/5 hours (no eating or drinking) before fading into a nice, even stain on the lips which is always good. So this is great for people who aren't keen on topping up often. For the price it is such a good quality lipstick i cannot fault it atall! 


Photobucket

Anyhow, i'm gonna keep this post short and sweet. If you're a looking for a bold, red lipstick i highly recommend this - i can see it looking great on light and dark skintones - such a universal shade! I don't wear red lipstick very often but i love having this in my collection incase i fancy making a statement. And for, £1.95 (off www.beautyjoint.com) it doesn't break the bank. NYX is a great affordable brand and a great way to try something new, i would have never give red lips a chance if i hadn't purchased this accidently (i thought it was a coral/orange toned lipstick). 



I have featured this lipstick in this post (here) in case you fancy a look at it in action ;)

14 comments:

  1. This is an amazing red and looks wonderful on your lips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great colour on you! I wish I had the confidence to wear red lipstick but being blonde and pale I never have the courage! xx

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! aw you should try it! i think red would look lovely with your skin/hair colour :) <3

      Delete
  3. Love it! Makes your teeth look so white too <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally just gasped when I saw the price, so affordable and it looks incredible on you. Red suits you really well.

    Vanese
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa i know! the price is amazing! thankyou hunny <3

      Delete
  5. Incredible lipstick and for that price I need to get myself one. ;)

    Ally
    http://strawberries-taste-how-lips-do.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should! there are sooo many colours, you'll be spoilt for choice :P <3

      Delete
  6. I like lip stain! But I wish I knew how to do the winged eyeliner look that you're rocking. My eyeliner always looks like a 5 year old drew it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too :) ooh thats give me an idea for a post ;) ahaa practice makes perfect!xx

      Delete
  7. This shade looks gorgeous! It suits you very well :)

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk