Friday 22 June 2012

Lipcare: How i keep them silky smooth!

Hello me lovelies! How are you all this miserable friday? I don't know what the weather is like everywhere else but it's been chucking it down all day in Manchester. If you follow me on twitter you may have read my big moan about the horrid rain and my stupid hayfever that won't go away :(

Anyway enough of the moaning! My lips are always pretty dry and cracked throughout the year but recently this little combo has been making my lips pretty smooth. It's nothing special, two products everyone can get their hands on, but it's made the world of difference.

Photobucket

First up, i use the 'Bubblegum' lip scrub from Lush for £4.95. This is basically a lip exfoliator that tastes really yummy too (i end up eating more of this than i use). I basically put a little bit on my finger and rub in little circular motions on my lips 2 or 3 times - give them a proper good scrub! I do this about 3 times a week to get rid of any dry skin building up.
If you can't get hold of this or think it's too pricey for what it is then you can make one yourself. 
Just mix 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Taadah! Saves you a fiver doesn't it. I know i'll be doing this next.

I then slap on lots of Carmex. 

Carmex is my favourite lip balm it really does keep my lips hydrated for a long time. I tried to use the Blistex Relief Cream but that just didn't work out. I have returned to my beloved Carmex and my lips have been loving it! I prefer the tub version of these lip balms they just seem to work better for some reason and last so long! The cherry one smells delicious too.  


See i told you this was simple. The combination of these mean i have perfect soft lips. I tend to do this before bed at night and really let my lips take in all the Carmex and it works so well. I also use the Carmex daily to keep my lips moisturised constantly. 


What are your favourite lip treats? 


14 comments:

  1. Great tip about the homemade scrub! I'll definitely try this!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem! search google theres a few different recipes to try out :) x

      Delete
  2. Same routine I have for looking after my lips :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe oh really?! it really does work doesn't it! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the bubblegum scrub from lush! Unfortunately I ate all mine in a week, WILL POWER x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might invest in the lip scrub and try the homemade one, see which I prefer :) and yep, Manchester was awful today, worked all day in the centre and it just didn't stop raining! IT'S JUNE :( xo

    http://theartofturningpages.blogspot.co.uk/
    @SiaSoldatos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's probably the best idea! ugh i know, so sad it's supposed to be summer! :'( xox

      Delete
  5. This exact combination, is my lip saviour! I adore the lip scrub and carmex!
    Great post :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaa same here, it really is! me too :')
      thanks hun <3

      Delete
  6. I'm obsessed with lip products!

    Cute blog

    Frankie x

    http://pullattheseams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love carmex - makes my lips feel so nice!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Lush Mint Julips scrub which I adore - it smells exactly like Peppermint Ice-cream! I like the Nivea Milk and Honey Lip Balm as well as Blistex xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just posted about this too tonight! :) loving the lip scrub alot! i saw your tweet and i replied with my link but here it is.. alltheprettythings-x.blogspot.co.uk if you like and follow back id really appreciate it :) xox

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk