Friday 29 June 2012

MAC Crew Highlight Powder.

Hi all! Thought i'd share my only item from the MAC 'Hey Sailor!' collection today. It's took me a while to get this post up just because i was so unsure of what i thought of it. Now i know, and i don't love it but nor do i hate it. It's just an OK product (unfortunately). It's £21.50 available in store/online.

Photobucket

The first thing that attracted me to this product was the design. I'm a sucker for anything that looks nice/cute. You have to admit the pink, coral and purple stripes look so cool amongst the beige shimmer. I swatched it on my hand and it created a lovely sheen that i thought would look great as a highlight.

But sadly, when applied to the face, there is slight sheen but no real evidence that it is a highlighter! It's basically a pink blusher with. Ot-oh MAC, please be more precise about your products. Don't get me wrong, it looks really lovely on the cheeks as a flush of colour i'm just disappointed i have another blusher in my collection and not particularly a highlighter which can give me a healthy glow.

Photobucket

If you have a look at Temptalia's post here where she excavated it, the beige shimmer is just an overlay and it ends up being a blusher. So all is not wasted, it will last for ages as a flush of colour.

I'm going to use this product up, just because i have it now and there's no point wasting it. It does add a some sheen to the cheeks and brightens up my complexion so it's good for those natural makeup days. I do skip highlighter when using this (i like to kid myself that it is infact what it says on the tin)! But, it's not a highlight and if you love a really glowy look then you will need a extra highlight.

Photobucket
as i said, it looks likes a highlighter swatched on my hand but transfers more pink and less shimmery on the face.

This product would be best for dark skintones as it may be light enough to be used as a subtle highlight. But for those like me, with medium skintones or lighter it's simply a pretty pink blusher which gives a natural flush as it isn't completely matte.

What do you think? Should MAC be more precise about their products?


9 comments:

  1. Gosh it looks lovely in the swatch! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it truly does, that's why i bought it! now i'm disappointed :( xox

      Delete
  2. Mac has done that twice in a row with their two large compacts from limited collections! I read a post about the beth ditto one supposedly being eyeshadows! I mean it's crazy because it's the same size as that one.

    I think I'll just stick to their regular range lol, as some of the limited stuff is never what it seems...

    Great post lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yeah, true, the beth ditto one can't be eyeshadows it's like pink blue and yellow ahaaaa :) yeah they are huge!

      i agree, their regular range is much better and reliable! thanks hun <3

      Delete
  3. See, and i thought the colors just were an overspray smh. I got it too but it is really nothing special to me as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what i originally thought, but they tricked is! same, glad i'm not the only one thinking this! /:

      Delete
  4. It thought this was a bit bizarre product as well. It looks most like a light blush on you, definitely.

    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is! it come out slightly darker on the cheeks, it's so strange!xox

      Delete
  5. The colour looks gorgeous! I love the lined pattern aswell x

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk