Saturday 7 April 2012

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation Review!

Mac Pro Longwear Spf10 Foundation - 30ml - Available from MAC store/counter/online - £22.50
Claims to last 15 hours and control oily skin whilst being natural and lightweight!


excuse the dirty cap ahaa, it wouldn't clean (n).
Packaging: Like always the MAC packaging is a sleek rounded bottle made of clear glass (so you can see the colour) with a black cap - or in this case a handy pump! The pump is lockable to you can carry it around with you and not worry about making a mess and accidentally pumping it everywhere. 

Colour: As i have found with most MAC foundations i have tried - nc's tend to be very yellow toned. When first applied this does have a pretty unbearable yellow/orange tint but once it has oxidised it does look miles better - more natural! I find this is also slightly darker than other nc42's. So make sure you try a few different shades out and check what it looks like after about 15minutes to see if it is a good match. But overall, you will most likely find a shade that suits you!

I covered the burn so you can see the coverage!
Flash

No flash.
 Consistency - I don't know if it's just me but this foundation seems to be quite thick and sometimes hard to blend. I find the best way to blend this is to use a foundation brush with  MAC Fix+ spray (review here) - this creates a nice, even coverage. When blended with my fingers i find it looks streaky and  nowhere near as flawless. 1 and a half pump of this gives a perfect medium coverage but you can definitely build it up to a full coverage without it being overly cakey. I find this foundation has a pretty much matte finish with maybe a slight bit of dewiness so it is natural looking!

Length of wear: Now, when i first bought this, i thought this foundation was amazing, lasted forever and controlled my oily t-zone amazingly. But, after a while i realised it wasn't that amazing! And since using Estee Lauder Double Wear i have come to realise it's really good, but not as good unfortunately. This is my everyday foundation when i'm not really going anywhere special and i'm not going out for a long, full day! I look pretty shiny after about 4hours (not unbearable though) and after about 6 hours my t-zone is an oily mess. I think if you have normal skin it will last much longer but if you have dry skin you'll need a good moisture before using this! 

Overall, this is a good everyday foundation and i will use this bottle up, but i do think Estee Lauder Double Wear is more long lasting and has better coverage! Will i repurchase this? No, probably not. It's good but Revlon Colourstay is just as good for half the price! 

If any of you have tried Pro Longwear what do you think?


p.s. sorry for such a long post - but maybe it will be helpful?

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried fitting the pump from the MAC Prolongwear foundation on the Estee Lauder Doublewear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but I think I will definitely try it as soon as I run out.. xx

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk