Wednesday 9 May 2012

Ooh La La it's a Topshop Lipstick

'Ooh La La' Available from Topshop in store (can't seem to see in online) - £8 



As you can see the is a bright coral with a hint of pink! If you're a fan of coral lippies then this will definitely be for you! Considering the whole blogging community was loving 'coral' i thought i'd join the bandwagon - i searched the boots counters for a 'nice' coral and couldn't find any - Barry M's shade 53 just was not flattering on my skintone atall! So, i was delighted when i walked into Topshop and found this - it's a gorgeous coral which  can be worn faint as a nice tint to the lips or built to a bright, statement shade!


I find this colour does tend to cling to dry skin on the lips slightly, so be careful, make sure you apply lipbalm before this! I find it can also apply a bit streaky so you do need to check this when applying - we don't want streaky lips now do we ;)
I've read reviews and apparently Topshop claims this is a matte shade - but it's not, it does have some shine. This isn't bad though as it means application is smooth and easy!


This lipstick isn't the most long lasting, but it does have pretty good staying power, it stays on the lips for around 2/3 hours! It cannot handle food and drink though - i think thats due to the creamy texture!

Overall i'm pretty pleased with the quality of this lipstick, it's £8 so not 'cheap and cheerful' but neither is it expensive! It's a good lipstick and i will purchase one from Topshop again - i have my eye on Brighton Rock ;)


6 comments:

  1. I'm loving topshop lipsticks at the moment!! :) and they are cheap- winning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eye on brighton rock too, and this now! Haha xxx

      Delete
    2. me too! they really are :) ahaaa xox

      Delete
  2. I love Topshop lipsticks, and this is such a pretty colour, it always seems to be out of stock when I'm in Topshop though :(

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too they're really good and not too expensive :) aw no! keep an eye out! <3

      Delete
  3. great review! I just got this and I love it too! I recently did a review on it and I would love it if you could check it out x

    http://makeupandmoi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/more-topshop-makeup.html

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk