Thursday 17 May 2012

FOTD: 'Pin Up' Glamour!

Today i thought i'd show a quick look i've been wearing a lot recently. I've been loving the 'pin up' look - red lipstick and winged liner - for both day and night! I've seen it on a few tanned ladies recently: Rita Ora, Karis Anderson from Stooshe and Rihanna rocking this look so decided to give a shot myself! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

MAC Prolong wear Foundation
MAC Mineralise skinfinish natural powder
Blusher from the ebay blush palette (top row last on the right) - full post here
MAC 'dazzlelight' eyeshadow 
MAC 'blacktrack' gel eyeliner
Avon Supershock mascara
Avon ultra colour rich lipstick 'Red 2000'
MUA out there pluming lipgloss 'Buff'

Photobucket

I love this lipstick from Avon (available here)- it's extremely pigmented yet creamy and moisturising at the same. All you need is one layer and you have a full opaque bright red. I find this lipstick looks best when a light layer is applied with a lip brush. It lasts such a long time too. For £7 it's not expensive nor cheap - i found it on offer in the brochure - so keep an eye out!
MUA pumping lip glosses are great as they add a nice gloss to the lips without looking wet and they aren't sticky either which is a huge bonus (full review here)! The shade 'buff' is a nude colour - so it tones down the brightness of this lipstick slightly and makes my lips look shiny and full. 

I love this look - it's so classic and will suit everyone! I never thought i was much of a red lipstick girl but my opinion is slowly changing.. 
I even have another red lipstick to share with you soon ;)

What do you think?


8 comments:

  1. I love the pin-up look, I did a FOTD wearing the look myself a few months ago :) This looks lovely on you, that red lipstick is gorgeous!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! ooh i'm going to have a look now :) thanks <3

      Delete
  2. This is amazing. The lipstick shade looks like it was made for you, it's suits you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, you really suit that shade, wish I could wear such a strong colour everyday x

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou sweetie! you should give a go - could be surprised! ;) <3

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk