Saturday 28 January 2012

Medieval Dress Up


So this is what i wore to a relative of my boyfriends 50th birthday party! As you can tell by the title and of course the outfit, it was a pre-19th century british character themed fancy dress and i was Maid Marian the partner of the famous Robin Hood.


We made the skirt and sleeves from burgundy velvet that we bought from a material store and the floral 'headband' was also some sort of ribbon from the same shop that i just tied and clipped in my hair. I wore my burgundy skater dress (similar to the ones sold in Topshop) and just put the skirt over, tied gold rope as a 'belt' and just put the sleeves on my arms (although they didn't last too long). It was freezing so my boyfriends hoody went on!
You can't see the shoes in the pictures as the skirt is so long but i wore my heeled chelsea style boots from River Island.  



Makeup
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation(long lasting!!)
MAC Studio Fix concealer
MAC Blot Powser (set t-zone) and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish (set whole face)
Illamasqua Powdered Metal - Ezrule (contour/bronze)
Avon True Colour Blusher - Shade 'Russet' 

Eyes:
Cream shadow from an ELF palette
MAC 'Mulch' and 'Twinks' in crease and lower lashine and 'Carbon' in outer-v.
Mac Blacktrack gel liner (winged eyeliner) and AVON SuperShock mascara.

Lips:
MAC 'Twig' Lipstick



Overall it was such a fun night! I think even the birthday girl herself was shocked at all the effort everyone had gone to. Pretty proud of my 'homemade' outfit me and my mother made the night before - talk about leaving things to the last minute! There was stocks and everything it was so fun. And that is me enjoying chopping Robin Hood's (my boyfriend) head off!
What do you think? Like a bit of fancy dress every once in a while?

Nadia xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun, and you look adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! looks like you had a good time

    Kim

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, it was a fun outfit for one night!xx

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk