Sunday 8 January 2012

Everyday Makeup Routine!

When your up at the crack of dawn and you need to be ready for education or work in half an hour, the last thing you want is to have to spend ages on your makeup. I think every girl should have a fast routine that she can rely on. This is mine:

Nothing fancy - just a simple daytime look that i can do in 5-10minutes at home or on the bus! 
I took these pictures after i had been out from 8am - 3pm so i'd had this makeup on for a good seven hours and i'm happy with how it's stayed with no top-ups (i didn't even have to powder my t-zone which usually ends up an oily mess) 



 This is a fairly new routine which i rely on most mornings when i need to be ready in a short time for college. It includes a new love which i'm going to go purchase!

My new love, is the well praised foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place foundation. 
I've used it three times since i got the sample and still have some left. I've wore it twice for college (longggg days) and once for a party. Every time i have used it, i have been impressed with the staying power, the oil control and the coverage is amazing too. Beats my other foundations anytime.  I plan to do a full review when i buy the full bottle.   What are anyone else's views of Estee Lauder's double wear?

So anyway, i cleanse and tone my face with Lush's Dark Angel cleanser and Breath of Fresh Air toner. 
Then moisturise with Nivea's Soft Creme (tub). I definitely remember Nivea creams - i've used them all my life through summer and winter. Affordable and effective. 

I then apply either MAC pro-long wear foundation in NC42 or my new favourite Estee Lauder Double Wear in 4W1 Shell Beige. I put 'blobs' around my face with my fingers then blend with Sigma's Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki brush. 
I conceal my under eye circles and redness around my nose with MAC Studio Fix concealer in NW35 with my fingers then blend in some area's with Sigma's Precision Round brush (good for getting in all the little 'nooks and crannies')
Next i set the foundation and concealer  with MAC Blot Powder Pressed over my t-zone (especially my nose) i then dust MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark all over.
I then contour with a paintbrush actually (it is the perfect size) and MAC's Studio Fix powder in NC45. 
My go-to blush is MAC's Fleur Power - can be built up to a bright doll pink or applied lightly for a natural flush of colour. 
Then another new favourite is my Illamasqua's Powdered Metal in Ezrule to highlight my cheekbones and nose.
Last but not least, lashings of Avon Supershock mascara for long lashes. 

Sounds longer and more than it actually is, but this is my simple daytime routine. Sometimes i swap products like blush or mascara etc. But this my basic routine that i tend to stick to for the daytime. 
Wow, so i hope this may have helped you! I definitely recommend all the products i have mentioned. They are all effective and work well or i wouldn't use them myself.

Nadia xox






No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk