Tuesday 8 January 2013

Topshop 'Glow' Highlighter..

Highlighters are definitely my favourite thing about the moment. I can't get enough of having lovely, dewy skin that glows in the light. And this definitely does just that. 
I really only tend to use liquid highlighters because i love that i can also mix a little bit in with my foundation.  I've heard such amazing things about Topshops highlighters and trying to decide between this and Sunbeam (powder) was difficult but, i settled for this one and i don't regret it for a second. 


This little jar of loveliness contains a mousse highlighter, a little strange at first but apples so smooth, like a dream. I find if you use your finger it applies much more pigmented whereas using a stippling brush (i use Real Techniques) creates more a soft effect when it is buffed into the skin in little circular motions.

Photobucket

Although this appears quite golden in the pictures in reality it is a white mousse with golden and pink iridescent shimmer running through it. I think it personally gives a lovely glow that will suit any skin colour because its white - once blended the 'whitness' disappears and it just leaves a lovely glow (hence the name!) I like to apply this to area's like my cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupids bow and centre of forehead with my finger (a little goes a long way) then blend with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush and tah dah.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Perfect for brightening up the skin making yourself look naturally 'glowing' - get in! Considering i always look tired and dull this is a god send in my eyes. 

You can buy it online here and it's under a tenner.. bargain! 

Whats your favourite highlighter? Theres always room for a few more in my collection ;)

15 comments:

  1. This looks lovely especially with the lipstick you're wearing!

    http://absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh looks great! Think I might try when February rolls around :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks lovely!great post!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so gorgeous, I want it! I'm using Dior Amber Diamonds just now but want to keep it for special occassions so this would be perfect to get xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww desperately in need of Dior Amber Diamonds! but that is a good idea :) x

      Delete
  5. This looks beautiful. Im a sucker for a good highlighting product! I have far to many to use up before purchasing a new one though!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely!
    I'm very pale, and find that any kind of contouring looks too artificial on me, but highlighting seems like a nice way to create more dimension while not drawing brown lines across my face :P.
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice Highlighter it gives great looks on face. Thanks for sharing nice information your blog is helpful to every one...... find out more here

    Regards
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. There's a link to your blog on my latest post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing on you!! I need to get myself a good highlighter, it looks beautiful.
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love highlighters! i always use MAC's soft and gentle :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // @thelovecatsinc // YT: thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for a nice, but affordable highlighter for ages now and this seems perfect! You look so pretty

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your blog seems to be soooo lovely - I like your posts and your makeup style:)

    Would be great if we could follow each other:)!

    Bye,
    NIKA

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh I bought sunbeam today, wish I had seen this too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so different but both so beautiful x

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk