Saturday 1 December 2012

Revlon Colourstay Gel Eyeliner.

As i mentioned in my last post, i won a little Revlon twitter competition which was a lovely little treat. I really do enjoy Revlon products they tend to be pretty good quality and not too expensive! I received this eyeliner at the perfect time to be honest, my beloved MAC one has started to dry out a little (i have had it a while) so i was really looking forward to testing this out and so far, so good..

Photobucket

I love the little packaging of this, it's similar to a few other high-street gel eyeliners out there. It's really little so easy to carry out and about and although i don't love this brush it's really handy. Can't complain really :)

Photobucket

As you can see, the eyeliner is pretty pigmented in one stroke (no need for going over and over). The pigmentation does get a little weaker at the end of the line but thats just due to there not being much left on the brush. Like i just mentioned, i'm not a huge fan of the brush (but it is better than taking another brush out with you), i personally find an angled brush like the one's from H&M and Muji to work much better at packing the liner on.

It is very easy to create a smooth, opaqaue line with this eyeliner. It lasts all day long as long as you don't watch The Vow and cry like a baby. So, it's pretty impressive and much cheaper than high-end versions. Theres nothing really negative to say. 

You can buy it from Tesco here for £7.99 whereas from Superdrug it costs £8.99. But nevertheless, it's definitely a good, staple part of my makeup collection and i will definitely be purchasing this over the MAC one when i ever run out.. 

Have you tried this gel eyeliner? Whats your favourite gel eyeliner? 

6 comments:

  1. I'm on the market for a gel eye liner, I'm glad I ran into this review, thanks for this! Just started following you! xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few really bad reviews of this but Im glad you like it. Made me laugh about the lasting power!!x
    http://britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really /: thats a shame, i do like it :) hahaa i'm such a cry baby!xox

      Delete
  3. I have seen this but I was kinda hesitant of buying it until I have read reviews about it. Now I am convinced of trying it out after reading a couple of good reviews about it including yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes reviews are good :) aw hope you like it!x

      Delete

thankyou for taking the time to comment, i will try to reply to everyone!
any more questions, email: dressingtabledelights@hotmail.co.uk